Winners Recognized for Innovative Products for Offshore Exploration and Production
Houston, Texas, USA (6 March 2019) –The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) announces that 18 technologies will receive the 2019 Spotlight on New Technology® Award. The awards will be presented at 1600 hours, 6 May, in the NRG Center Rotunda Lobby.
The Spotlight on New Technology Awards—a program for OTC exhibitors—showcases the latest and most advanced hardware and software technologies that are leading the industry into the future.
- AFGlobal, producer of Active Control Device (ACD)
- AFGlobal, producer of DuraStim® Pump
- Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE), producer of NovaLTTM16
- Dril-Quip Inc., producer of Double Expansion XPakTM Liner Hanger
- FutureOn®, producer of FieldAPTM – a FieldTwinTM Platform Application
- HYTORC, producer of LITHIUM SERIES® II *
- NOV, producer of Subsea Automated Pig Launcher (SAPL)
- Oceaneering International, Inc., producer of Subsea Pumping Technology
- Saipem, producer of Offset Installation Equipment (OIE)
- Schlumberger, producer of Concert well testing live performance
- Schlumberger OneSubsea, producer of Vx Omni Subsea Multiphase Flowmeter
- SIEMENS, producer of BlueVaultTM Energy Storage
- SIEMENS, producer of Subsea Power Grid
- Stress Engineering Services, Inc., producer of Condition Based Maintenance of Drilling Riser Systems
- TechnipFMC, producer of Subsea 2.0TM In-Line Compact Robotic Manifold
- Van Beest B.V., producer of Green Pin Tycan® *
- Weatherford, producer of TR1PTM Single-Trip Completion System
- XSENS AS, producer of XACT™ Ultrasonic clamp-on Flowmeter *
*Small Business Award Distinction
Winning technologies were selected based on the following five key criteria:
- New. The technology must have been offered to the marketplace in a ready-for-commercialization state less than two years prior to the application date.
- Innovative. The technology must be original, groundbreaking, and capable of having a major impact on the offshore E&P industry.
- Proven. The technology must be proven, either through full-scale application or successful prototype.
- Broad Interest. The technology must interest and appeal to the industry.
- Significant Impact. The technology must provide significant benefits exceeding existing technologies.
For a fifth year, OTC will also support and recognize the innovative technologies being developed by small businesses with the program’s Spotlight on Small Business Award. In addition to meeting the above criteria, a small business honoree must be independently-owned and operated or a not-for-profit concern and have no more than 300 employees for the 12 months preceding the application deadline.
“Each Spotlight on New Technology Award submission is reviewed and rated by several subject matter experts, providing a sound and fair scale” said OTC 2019 Board of Directors Chairman Wafik Beydoun. “This year more than 450 ratings were submitted, and the best of some incredible submissions were chosen. We are very proud, at this special Golden Anniversary of OTC, to present these 18 Spotlight on New Technology Award outstanding winners. They are proof that the highway of the future in offshore development is being paved by innovations.”
View more information about the technologies on the awards page.